- Hypersensitivity to Motegrity. Reactions including dyspnea, rash, pruritus, urticaria, and facial edema have been observed
- Intestinal perforation or obstruction due to structural or functional disorder of the gut wall, obstructive ileus, severe inflammatory conditions of the intestinal tract such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and toxic megacolon/megarectum
Warnings and Precautions
Suicidal Ideation and Behavior: In clinical trials, suicides, suicide attempts and suicidal ideation have been reported. Postmarketing cases of suicidal ideation and behavior as well as self-injurious ideation and new onset or worsening of depression have been reported within the first few weeks of starting Motegrity. A causal association between treatment with Motegrity and an increased risk of suicidal ideation and behavior has not been established. Monitor patients for new onset or worsening of depression and emergence of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Instruct patients to discontinue Motegrity immediately and contact their healthcare provider if they experience any of these symptoms.
Most common adverse reactions (≥2%) are headache, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal distension, dizziness, vomiting, flatulence, and fatigue.
Use in Specific Populations
- Lactation: Motegrity is present in breast milk. Consider risks and benefits of breastfeeding
- Pediatric: Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established
- Renal Impairment: A decreased dosage is recommended in patients with severe renal impairment. Avoid Motegrity in patients with end-stage renal disease requiring dialysis
Motegrity is indicated for the treatment of chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) in adults.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information.